I made this once a few months ago, and one bite in my boss proclaimed “this is my crack.” Ever since, I get a request for it..mmm once a week. The first time it came out dense, more like a pound cake. I had halved the recipe and subsequently eyeballed the 1/8th teaspoon of baking power which probably resulted in the denser bread. I also added 2 large handfuls of chocolate chunks, instead of the small handful of mini chocolate chips that went in this time. I like a more respectable ratio of zucchini to chocolate, call me crazy.
Bottom line: this stuff IS like crack. Light and fluffy, not to sweet, and makes you feel reallllll good inside.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
1. beat eggs, add grated zucchini, set aside.
2. beat sugar and butter, add vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. mix well. add the flour mix to the egg/zucchini mix.
3. pour into greased and floured loaf pans and bake at 350F for 1 hour.